Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ray Parker Jr. "Ghostbusters"

“Let me tell you something…busting makes me feel good.” This is one of those songs that brings back the same memory every time. It was on the radio every day driving to and from basketball camp in the summer of 84. As soon as my buddies and I heard the song start, the windows went down in one of our mom’s station wagons and we repeatedly screamed, “GHOSTBUSTERS!!!” just like the A-listers in this video…Irene Cara, George Wendt, Al Franken, Terri Garr, Melissa Gilbert, Peter Falk, etc. We “ain’t afraid of no ghosts”.

Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr. and his moustache, claiming the melody for Ghostbusters was plagiarized from his song “I Want a New Drug”. If that’s true, I salute you, Mr. Parker Jr…if you’re going to steal, steal from the best, sir.

“There’s something weird and it don’t look good”…THIS VIDEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment