Sunday, July 19, 2009

Great White "Once Bitten Twice Shy"

“Once Bitten, Twice Shy”…oh, man…this is great. Plenty of 80s rock bands had equally fabulous hair, but not many could match the lyrical genius of Great White. Wow. Where to start? I think this is the touching story of the lead singer finding out that an innocent girl is really a smelly, pirate hooker, but I’ve been known to misunderstand lyrics, so it might be about the apocalypse.

I love how they completely throw out the rhyming dictionary, rhyming “looked” with “group”. And so many other great lines. The randomness of “You didn’t know that rock and roll burned, so you bought a candle and you lived and you learned”. Huh? The tour bus double entendre of “I got there in the nick of time, before he got his hands across your state line”. And my favorite…“I didn’t know you had a rock and roll record, until I saw your picture on another guy’s jacket”.

My BFF told me you’re going to love this song…and that you’re the best lick in town…

GREAT WHITE'S "ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY"

No comments:

Post a Comment