Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cyndi Lauper "She Bop"

Cyndi Lauper. I’ll always remember her association with WWF wrestling, because Captain Lou Albano and his rubber banded beard played her father figure in one of her videos. Turns out she liked wrassling with herself too.

I remember soon after getting cable TV, watching Headline News Anchor Chuck Roberts (I think) say these words heading into commercial, “And Cyndi Lauper says ‘It’s okay to masturbate’”. I was shocked. I didn’t know they could say that on T.V. 5th grade sex ed had left out the concept of self-service, yet the Cable TV was telling me it was a legitimate news story.

Pre-She-Bop, I remember getting an obscene phone call where the caller asked if I knew how to masturbate. I told my dad some weird guy was on the phone wondering if I knew how to "mast a pig". I didn't, but that changed thanks to Cyndi's timely and thoughtful words, “I can’t stop messing with the danger zone”…

CYNDI LAUPER'S "SHE BOP"

No comments:

Post a Comment