Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rick Springfield "Jessie's Girl"

Rick Springfield sings the touching story of his forbidden love for his buddy’s girl. Dude is a poet. “I’ve been cool, I’ve been funny with the lines…ain’t that the way love’s supposed to be”. That is my understanding of love, yes. But, then again, I love lamp.

The Ricker played a show in Kansas City a couple of years ago that I went to on purpose. A local grocery store was giving away tickets if you had a frequent shopper card. The lady at the ticket counter seemed surprised that I wanted tickets and gave me 8. They were supposed to be lawn seats, but when we got there, the ushers encouraged us to get as close as we wanted. We got too close for comfort. Rick’s fans have not aged as well as he has. The audience was full of whatever you call MILFs with whom you don't want to have relations...mothers not effers.

Why can’t I find a woman like that?



No comments:

Post a Comment