Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bonnie Tyler "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

I’ll never hear this song again and not think of the wedding scene from Old School. Bonnie Tyler may have sung this song first, but the Dan Band sings it best. But, oh my gato did BT shoot an incredible video. It’s about 3 minutes longer than the Dan Band’s version, or slightly shorter than Old School. John Woo’s FACE/OFF was essentially a remake of Tyler's TEOTH video. White doves…flapping wings…white and black…good and evil…men in short shorts…rhythmic gymnasts, etc. It’s all over the top symbolic craziness until the end when the literal interpretation of “bright eyes” turning around is just odd.

Once upon a time there was light in my life, now there’s only love in the dark. I need these videos…I fuggin need them more than ever…

No comments:

Post a Comment