Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wham "Wham Rap!"

We all remember Wham! carelessly whispering, but the first single they released was “Wham Rap!” Seriously. It gets off to a rough start with George Michael rapping, “Hey everybody take a look at me, I’ve got street credibility”. Umm…no, you don’t…and even if you did I’m pretty sure you lost at the 1:07 mark…capris for men, no socks AND white women’s flats? That's so NWA. And yet, despite the weird packaging, Michael is rapping to the same chorus that I used to as a former two hit wonder…“you’re more dead than alive in a nine to five” and “do you enjoy what you do? If not, just stop don’t stay there and rot”. Ironically, both George’s career and mine took an unusual turn in a men’s room. I can’t make fun of the dude. He might be my soul mate.

Wham! Bam! He is all man!

No comments:

Post a Comment