Thursday, January 1, 2009

Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf"

In 1983, at the age of 11, I discovered there was such a thing as popular music. Neil Diamond and John Denver may have been popular in my house, but Casey Kasem opened my eyes to the music everybody else liked. After a few months of listening to top 40 music, I was genuinely worried about the future of the industry. It seemed to my 5th grade mind, that there was already a song about everything. Thank God I was wrong. This blog will take a look back on the music that made up the soundtrack of my youth.

I’ll start with the first song I remember wanting to hear over and over…Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf”. It didn’t really matter what the song was about. I just knew that it was cool. It's formula was can't-miss...It started with a laugh and ended with a woman moaning and in in the middle had plenty of…“Do-do do do do do do do do do do do do do do.”

In the same way that the wolf is hungry, so too am I hungry...


No comments:

Post a Comment