Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bon Jovi "Livin' On a Prayer"

When I was a kid, the two contests that I thought were equal parts ridiculous and awesome were Frosted Flakes win 10,000 balls and MTV’s win John Bon Jovi’s childhood home. In picking my first Bon Jovi song, I really wanted to the ridiculously awesome “Edge of a Broken Heart”, which they did for the Disorderlies soundtrack. Slippery When Wet had just sold 25 million units, yet they did a song for the soundtrack of a Fat Boys' movie? I couldn’t find a good video of EOABH, so I had to settle for this little known record. The boys from Bon Jovi turned the story of a union worker and a Schizophrenic diner waitress (make up your mind...is it "It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not" or "We'll make it I swear") into a monster hit.

BON JOVI'S "LIVIN' ON A PRAYER"

No comments:

Post a Comment