Thursday, January 15, 2009

Culture Club "Karma Chameleon"

I don’t think there could have been such a thing as 80s music without Culture Club. Boy George said Karma Chameleon was about being true to who you are without worrying what other people will think of you. That message was lost on the 6th grade me. I remember driving in my friend Bret’s car listening to Karma Chameleon. There were a few of us in the backseat trying to think of names for our basketball teams. Bret’s mom was disappointed that we picked generic names like the 76ers or the Pistons. “Get creative”, she challenged us, “Why not ‘Culture Club?’” The simple answer: we weren’t man enough.

CULTURE CLUB'S "KARMA CHAMELEON"

2 comments:

  1. I may re-name my roto baseball team "Culture Club". Unless you can put me in touch with the creative genious known as "Bret's Mom".

    ReplyDelete