Sunday, August 9, 2009

George Michael "Father Figure"

The video tells the story of your typical cab driver/super model relationship...love at first sight and a pledge to love “till the end of time." The only part of the video that I find unrealistic is that Cabbie George Michael only attracted one super model. My buddy Jason used to drive a cab and it was not unusual for him to date several Victoria Secret models in a single evening.

One other minor detail that I found unusual about the video is that it doesn’t really seem to have anything to do with the song. “Sometimes love can be mistaken for a crime”…“I will be your father figure, put your tiny hand in mine”...“Greet me with the eyes of a child." It sounds less like a story of finding true love and more like a confession to a statutory rape. But, that’s probably splitting hairs. George Michael has sold more than 100 million albums. I’m not here to question him, but to celebrate his artistry.

If you ever hunger, hunger for George…


GEORGE MICHAEL'S "FATHER FIGURE"

No comments:

Post a Comment