Sunday, August 23, 2009

El Debarge "Who's Johnny?"

Before we get to the ever important question “Who’s Johnny?” I’d like to first identify the rest of the players.

“Who’s Steve Guttenberg?” I said and smiled in my special way. Apparently he’s the guy who decided at the last minute that he was too big of a star to appear in an El Debarge video.

“Who’s directing this crap” I said and tried to look the other way. Apparently he’s the guy who decided not to wait for that prima donna Guttenberg to start shooting. “Screw it...Bring me the Guttenberg cardboard cutout!!!” In his defense, they had already invested dozens of dollars in a very believable courtroom set.

“Who’s El Debarge” his family said when he left the family hit machine (Debarge) to sing songs about life-like robots.

“Who’s Ally Sheedy,” I said. "You know I love you." Even though she was about to star in “Maid to Order”…even though she was surrounded by El and Steve’s egos…even though the director of this video may not have been the brightest bulb…she put on the performance of a lifetime.
"Who's Johnny?" Who cares? Give me Ally Sheedy at the 1:36 mark. OMG, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment